07 October, 2012

first semester tidbits

Another semester has gone and every semester for the past four years has always been memorable. This semester has been quite extraordinary because after three years of being with the same community my class and I were assigned in a different place with a totally different context. But at the end of every community immersion, we were bringing with us cherished experiences and insights not just as an individual but as a class. I am just so glad to be with my students as they experienced and appreciated the lives of the people in our partner community.  

Captured memorable experiences in the community...

Going down this hill was quite challenging because it rained the day before but going up with a downpour was an extra challenge. I could not imagine how we were able to make it.  


My shoes before the downpour and after. 


My students were soaking wet and enjoying it.


In another purok, my students and i were surprised to realize that the community was demolished days before our second visit. 



The semester has been an experience of all sort but my students' enthusiasm, participation and willingness to help assure me of a better, fun and experienced filled second semester. 

See you in November!







No comments:

Post a Comment