20 September, 2011

BoraBora

 
I got lucky on November 29, 2010 because Cebu Pacific had a seat sale. If I am not mistaken it is because of the anniversary of Andres Bonifacio. I got so excited because I created a whole plan for a honeymoon with Nonoy which we did not have yet after nine years of being married. We traveled before but we made sure that Jessica and Jelena are with us. So this one will be different because it will be just the two of us. And what better place could it be than Boracay and besides I have not been there yet. He was able to visit the place but that was in 1986 so the place would be much different and it will be an adventure for the two of us. Our trip was schedule in September of 2011. 

However, something more important came up and I could not just let Nonoy risk the chance to visit his Mom and go with me to Boracay. Lo and behold, I have so much loving and supportive friends. Two of my bffs, sisters, living diaries, phone pals, best buddies --- Charmie and Faye, bought their tickets to go with me. Unfortunately, Charmie has to take care of something so important that she was not able to go with us. 

Faye traveled to Iloilo one day earlier. Nonoy and I left for Iloilo on a Monday. When we arrived Iloilo, my ever generous and supportive brother-in-law, Nino, took us to Breakthrough for breakfast and it was my biggest breakfast ever. I got hospitalized before because of sea foods but that ain't stopping me to eat sea foods again. 

  
fresh water Catfish
fish soup
 diwal, a Visayan term for tongue
baked oyster

this Black Marlin is so soft.

After our big breakfast, Nino and Nonoy took Faye and I to Tagbac terminal. We decided to ride a van going to Caticlan. The van is a Toyota Grandia and it is new. However, we waited for one and a half hours for passengers before hitting the road. It took us three hours to arrive Kalibo and another two hours to reach Caticlan. I was getting dizzy because I felt that I have been in that van for so long. Good thing nurse Faye took with her some paracetamol. I was already telling myself that Boracay has to make sure that it will be all worth it. It was a relief when we reached Caticlan. 

tired but excited
We got a little disoriented in Caticlan port because we have to go to three windows to pay for terminal fee, environmental fee and for the boat fare. Anyway, we are there already and cannot do anything about it. It took us ten minutes to reach Boracay. When we reached Boracay at around seven in the evening and the breeze is getting very enticing but we still have to look for an accommodation. Our friend, Francis Mercado, was so helpful because he recommended the Island Nook which is in station two. Island Nook's room rates are very affordable and it is inclusive of breakfast. Most importantly, it has a clean restroom and the room is new. Island Nook is only few steps away from D'Mall. 


Faye, my travel buddy

It was so unfortunate that I was not able to take pictures of our dinner. We had grilled food along the beach line. Pardon me because I was very hungry. After our dinner, we started walking to see the island at night. 

Starbucks is in the island too.
fire dance
Sea Wind
the night is blue.
It is my dream to stay in Mandarin Boracay.
Faye's leg henna tattoo.
Ms. Photogenic
Fridays

We did not let the night end without visiting the clubs. There were foreigners mostly Koreans but majority are Filipinos.

Guilly's
good girls
i forgot to get the name of this bar.
epic
And this shocked me because I have never seen this before. I was really in Boracay! 

body shots

In the morning, I eventually realized that the long trip was all worth it. This place is a paradise. 

parasailing

not a beach babe but i was not able to resist
hot momma
perfect weather
water and green mango shake while enjoying the sun.

These are the few insights which I gained through this adventure:

  • There are plans, even if how hard you prepare for it, which are not meant to be. It is not because you do not deserve it but because there is something greater which is meant for you.
  • Friends and family are treasures. I so love Faye (honeybee!) and Nonoy's family for making the whole trip more wonderful.
  • When traveling without kids for three days and when going to Boracay, it is best to carry a backpack.  I have mastered the art of "travel light" although it is tough in the beginning.
  • Boracay made me experience how to be young again and it feels so good.
  • "Me-time" is rejuvenating but it makes you want to return with your children during the next trip. 
  • Boracay sand is like milk so do not hesitate to walk bare-foot because it is soothing. 
  • For the next visit, I will have a massage and I will try some their activities.

Boracay, I shall return! 




















   





No comments:

Post a Comment