04 September, 2011

Tuesday Adventure

August 30 was a national holiday in the Philippines to commemorate Islam's Eid Il Fitr. The celebration of our Muslim brothers and sisters mark the end of Ramadan which is the month of fasting and prayer. 

As for me and my little family, it is a Tuesday and the last day of the long weekend. A very random thought prompted me to invite Jessica (my eldest daughter) to hit the streets, ride the public transportation and go to the downtown area to look for dog leash. Luckily, she was up for the adventure as well as Jelena (my youngest) and Nonoy (their dad). 

Alas! It did not take them lots of time to prepare. They were ready in an instant. Our adventure began with our tricycle and jeepney rides.

we are in our comfy clothes.
Lena's trike ride

While waiting for our jeepney ride, Lena and Jeka were very happy because they saw jeepneys with their favorite colors. 

Lena pointing to the jeepneys with their favorite colors.

Lena's favorite color is yellow.

Jessica's favorite color is green.

Lena would really try hard to reach for the jeepney bar.


When we arrive at the downtown area (particularly in San Pedro street), we were amazed because the place was empty, the crowd was nowhere to be found which actually made our adventure hassle- free. These were some interesting cites during our adventure.

Davao City Hall

the green building is the Sangguniang Panlungsod Building.
 the stage with  an eagle head is part of the city's Rizal park.

front part of our City hall

crowd free San Pedro street
this man and his boots

my loves.

After buying leash for the dogs, we found ourselves very hungry. We ate (for the first time) at Citiburger, a local fast food. They have a good deal with their hotdogs. They sell it for buy one take one at forty pesos only.

the gurls like the hotdogs.

we have siomai too.

AA and her pancake

dad and mom

I went home happy because I was able to buy the things I need for a very reasonable price. 

betchay and her new green leash

gabby and his black leash

canisters for the gurls' clips and ties

winnie the pooh clip

a wooden massager for a massage addict person .

pooh wall stickers

the one side of the gurls' wall is almost covered with stickers.

I did not regret inviting my little family to join me in this adventure. The girls had a different adventure with us. We don't often ride a jeepney and go to the downtown area but I am glad that they were able to see a different place than the usual family rendezvous. I believe that they should get to be oriented with their own city and be very proud of it.  We will surely add this experience in our important family memories. I am looking forward for our next random adventure.

How do you spend long breaks?





























No comments:

Post a Comment