10 December, 2011

Things I can do alone: Watch Basketball Games

You would never catch me alive watching a movie alone! I have not tried and I will surely never try. First, I am not really a movie buff unless if it is a romantic comedy or feel good movie. Last, I could not imagine myself alone in a dark room.

However, being alone is not really an issue because there are things which I can do alone. One of these is watching basketball games. Since the 1990's I have been exposed to the world of basketball due to having a dad who is a basketball enthusiast. I grew up idolizing Robert Jaworiski and cheering for barangay Ginebra. When I was in high school, I changed alliance and started to cheer for the Alaska because of Jeffrey Cariaso. I could vividly remember asking my mom to watch PBA games live during one of our Manila trips and it was euphoric.


the Big J.
22

It may sound crazy but I continued to watch games during the Metropolitan Basketball Association heyday and I was rooting for my home team, the Davao Eagles. Words could not even describe how happy, "kilig" and memorable those times were.


And having a basketball coach as a husband gives me an opportunity to enjoy the game more and more that I would not mind watching the games alone. The basketball arena is comforting like a second home to me. The buzzer is like a sweet music to my ear. The cheers for or against the team I am cheering for is like a friend's sweet voice.



PRO IX and Bureau of Fire

the referees.

It is without a doubt that I have so much revere for the game. And I have more respect for it now because it is my husband's craft, passion and love.

Nonoy in red shirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment