08 March, 2012

fun under the sun

SUMMER is the time of the year that I have anticipated, imagined and enjoyed as a student. Summer would mean two whole months of watching television without worrying of the morning. It would also mean a break from academics and focusing on ballet alone. Summer, for me, is synonymous to rejuvenation.

One of the greatest summers I had was when I turned 18. My family was so generous for giving me the biggest party of my life and the grandest gift I have ever received... our trip to the United States of America.

My daddy Steve and mommy Loida gave my mom and I a taste of what it feels like to be in one of the most powerful countries in the world. We were able to visit Gainesville, Daytona, Orlando and Tampa in Florida. We also visited daddy Steve's place in Indiana and on the way we dropped by Atlanta. Aside from our land trips, we also flew to Albuquerque, New Mexico. I fell in love with the preservation of their rich culture. Then we visited the very colorful Las Vegas and the scenic Grand Canyon in Arizona. Our trip was not just a tour but it is also equivalent to a very educational field trip.

Vegas Strip
Hoover Dam
Universal Studio, Orlando
Grand Canyon
tipi
Disney World
 Now that I am a teacher, summer means missing our students' noise and kakulitan. It would also mean
focusing on clerical work of unit plan revision. It is also a time for formation and above all of recreation. I began to enjoy summers since 2010 when I have to renew our family ties in Tarlac. Our reunions are so worth the travel because I would always feel the warm hospitality and genuine care of family members. And on top of it all, my family is fond of cooking so you know what is next. During the summer of 2010, I only brought with Jessica and mamo. Aside from touring Tarlac, Bulacan and Baguio, Jessica was able to visit Ateneo de Manila, Mall of Asia and Ocean Park.

eight waves
dancing with the counsins and tita Rio
ice skating at MOA

Manila Ocean Park
Summer 2011 was more fun-filled because I went to Luzon twice. The first was with my Ateneo girlfriends to attend the ordination of IJ Chan-Gonzaga, SJ. On that quick visit on a weekend, we were able to visit Subic. Subic is so clean, peaceful and a nice to shop place.





The second visit was for our 2nd reunion. Aside from mamo and Jessica, Lena, mamang and mommy Loida came with us. The second reunion had double the fun and precious moments.






Starbucks, Tarlac
Summer can also be in September. I know it is not summer but I had a summer like feeling when Faye and I invaded Boracay. And I vowed to myself that I will return to this paradise.

refreshing

beautiful sunshine

at Guiley's
Summer of 2012 will be extra special because our family reunion will be in General Santos City and some of our relatives are coming. In addition, I will turn three-oohhh this May, my marriage will mark its tenth year and all these will be celebrated in a wonderful place with a whole gang of people who are close to my heart.


How about you, how will you spend your summer memorably?

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment