07 April, 2014

A Milestone in a Wonderland: Hongkong

I have been Missing In Action since July last year. It is just appropriate that my first entry for the year will be from a very MEMORABLE experience. 

Hong Kong will always be etched in my heart because the place has opened my heart to what is essential and non- negotiable. My short stay in Hong Kong revealed God's will and the purpose of my life. 

I may have tons of beautiful plans, however, God desires only the best for me. I may have moved from place to place but my Creator will lead me only to greatness. He led me back to the arms of the people who I value the most --- Jessica, Jelena, Mamo, my family and my friends. Hong Kong has taught me great faith in God and I continue to hold on to the hope that He will continue to bless me in becoming the person He willed me to be.
Grab A Crab in Abreeza has very comfortable dining chairs
I may have not stayed longer but I made sure that Nonoy and I witnessed and appreciated the charming Hong Kong.
I could not help but adore the world class Airport and transportation system of Hong Kong. The ride to Tsim Sha Tui from the airport is hassle free and the transfer from one place to another by MTR or bus is worry free from traffic. They even have easy to understand road maps for first timers like us.


A 21 double deck bus travels to and from the airport
the coach and i
no stress for the luggage
mtr model

escalator inside the mtr station
rush hour
they ride the MTR with fashion

octopus card

hardworking student


I could not help but feel envious over their airport. We did not pay for tax or terminal fee which we do in the Philippines (Php 1,625 for tax and Php 550 for terminal fee) but it is beyond clean, advanced and beautiful. I pray that our airport officials will do something regarding our dirty restrooms, poor air-conditioning system, long cue at the immigration and check-in counters. 
the plants give positive vibe
happy to be going home
My husband is a COACH!
waiting area
God's presence and favor was deeply felt during our short stay in Hong Kong. He sent us beautiful people to support us even without prior notice. The experience reminded me to be more thoughtful, generous and genuine, with and for others. My heartfelt gratitude to Francis, Adet, Adi and Lexie Ita-as. 
Ita-as Family
with tita Karen
with Tito Nonoy
We did not leave Hong Kong without enjoying its delish treats whether in restaurants or just in the street. Most often, I could not understand and only God knows what is written in the menu. At the end, what matters is that we enjoyed every single bit of what we were eating and that the tummy did not get ouchy!
street food feast at Mong Kok
a bowl of fish balls and siomai for HKD 10

Noodle House at Wan Chai




Filipino food bought at Central (Laing, Pork Binagoongan and Rice)

Pork Belly, Chicken Wings at the street of Hong Hum

waffles at Mong Kong
squid and beef Noodle Soup at Yau Ma Tei
beef, mushroom and green leaves Noodle Soup at Yau Ma Tei
Tea and Duckie = Good Combo at Sham Sho Pou
the sauce makes the Ducky more yummy
Chao Fan
Dory Fish on an Eggplant


And if you are a Shoe Enthusiast like Nonoy you will really enjoy Hongkong!


Jordan Collection




Lebron Collection
Nike TST

Nike Yau Ma Tei




Where ever I go, I am blessed with God's active presence in my life. Where ever I go, I need not worry for God's favor is upon me because I am loved. 

bright lights at Central

                                           
Tsim Sha Tiu
Let us continue to travel and witness the grandeur of God!






No comments:

Post a Comment