22 April, 2014

Delish Treat: Rumah Kari

It must be very obvious, by now, that I am such a big foodie. I can attribute it to my Kapampangan lineage. My maternal grandparents are from Tarlac and I can boldly attest  that my grandmother's cooking treats are heavenly. At a young age, I am exposed to nothing but delicious food.
Unfortunately, unlike my mother, I was not able to inherit my Lola's cooking expertise. I may not have become a chef but I would gladly settle to what I enjoy the most... being a foodie! Thus, I am very grateful to God for giving me friends whom I can be with for food trips.
A couple of days after I arrived from Hong Kong, Faye and Bubbles brought me to Rumah Kari at Marfori Heights Subdivision (landmark is the Mercury Drug Store). Rumah Kari specializes in Indian and Malaysian cuisine. If you like the kick of spicy food then you will have a great time enjoying their offering.
Nurturing Friendship through Delish Treats Image from Faye Anne Marie Escueta
Nurturing Friendship through Delish Treats
Image from Faye Anne Marie Escueta
The restaurant has a homey ambiance which can make dates with friends relaxing and convenient for updating.
painting/ pictures make the interior attractive
painting/ pictures make the interior attractive
attractive counter top
attractive counter top
My friends and I ordered different varieties of delights with Sambal Sauce: Chicken, Shrimp and Squid. You can choose to have rice or rotti and you can also request how spicy you want your sauce to be.
I had the squid which was very tender and for a first timer I like the sambal sauce. The Sambal meal costs Php 285 each and is good  for one person. Their meals do not have the price of a fast food but it can surely suffice your indulgence for quality food. I will surely visit Rumah Kari again and bring my mother.
plate setting
plate setting
Chicken with paratha
Chicken with rotti
Squid Sambal with rice
Squid Sambal with rice
Paratha
rotti
Date nights with friends can contribute to weight gain. But more importantly, it celebrates a bond from which one gains wholeness from one's union with and for others.
obligatory group picture Image from Faye Anne Marie Escueta
obligatory group picture
Image from Faye Anne Marie Escueta
Couple Selfie Image from Faye Anne Marie Escueta
Couple Selfie
Image from Faye Anne Marie Escueta
chillin' at their veranda with a bottle of ice cold beer
chillin' at their veranda with a bottle of ice cold beer
The extra pounds, money and time spent are all worth the genuine friendship! Persons (and food) are gifts!
How do you nourish friendship?

No comments:

Post a Comment