01 January, 2012

christmas 2011

It was on a September when our mommy Marlyn (wife of DaddyLo) invited me to go out of town. She specifically would like to go to Surigao but I declined because of the long travel so I asked if we could just go to General Santos City instead. GenSan is a special place for our family because the family sought an abode in the Tuna City after they have left Tarlac due to scarcity of opportunities. When I was younger, I would spend my vacations in GenSan to visit our old folks but for awhile we skipped the tradition. So, it was a good idea to observe the tradition now that we have to spend more time with Lolo and for the gurls (Lena and Jeka) to experience vacations in GenSan.

All is set and the Mauhay/Pido family went to GenSan on December 22. It was just so unfortunate that because of fatigue from school activities I caught the flu bug. Coffee, movie, mall and all other dates were cancelled because I was just at home and very sick. However, I do not have much of a choice but to get up in the morning of December 24 because the family will still have to travel to Tampakan, Saranggani to celebrate Christmas. We stayed in Tuburan Mountain View Resort. The place is so refreshing especially for a sick person like me. The place is owned by Mamo's good friend. The resort is clean and very affordable. We rented three cottages and a kitchen for a very good price. We were able to cook our own food too. The family is planning to have our reunion on April here.  

A very big thank you goes out to the Ronquillo family for sponsoring our family getaway. Thank you very much DaddyLo and mommy Marlyn for the generosity. 



view of their day tour cottages
so green
little river which leads to a little lake
the lake

closer look of their day tour cottages

the pool and the view of our cottages
mamo, lena and jeka
lena enjoying the pool with the tabo

the Ronquillo gurls
the bigger river
videoke in the afternoon
auntie nings and the rented kubo
lechon kawali

Christmas family dinner

Christmas table
bihon
dvd marathon after dinner
We went back to GenSan after lunch of December 25 and the gurls' special request is to go to Robinson's. The gurls must have been wondering over our absence in the malls for the past days. So to re-energize as well, I did not hesitate. 


Add caption

I hope to be more healthy next Christmas and I pray that the family will really keep the tradition of being together during Christmas wherever our feet will lead us. And I also pray that we will be more complete next time because Christmas becomes more meaningful if it is celebrated with the family which represents God's unending love for humanity. 





No comments:

Post a Comment