22 May, 2013

DelishTreat: Zabadani

05.18.13

Our beloved priest and friend Ismael Jose Chan- Gonzaga, SJ was in town and it was so unfortunate that I have to back out from our planned trip to Paradise Island because it was such a freaky Friday [please click on the link to read my previous post] for me. Luckily, I still had the chance to see him with Michelle and Anper for a Saturdate. We all agreed to have a dinner at The Peak of Gaisano Mall of Davao because none of us has been there. So for first timers, Michelle's older sister recommended Zabadani, a Middle-Eastern restaurant.



It was my first to eat at this Davao- grown restaurant and  I was intrigued by the aromatic and delectable taste of their food that I was able to consume a whole plate without noticing. My personal favorite were the Pita Cheese sticks and the Garlicy Ribs which we upgraded with Biryani rice.

pita cheese stick for Php140
Garlicy Ribs for Php 240+
One thing I appreciate from Zabadani is that they offer large servings. We ordered four large plates and it was more than enough for a table of six (and mind you we can eat a lot but they got us full). 

Syrian Beef Squares with Biryani rice
Grilled Chicken Breast with White rice

It was an added treat to find out that we run the same circle with the restaurant's owner. Wadi gave us complimentary drinks. The yogurt shake was refreshing. I had a heavenly foodie experience at Zabadani and I will surely come back to try their other offering. 


IJ with Wadi

coffee shot 
yogurt shake
the smile says it all.

I went home not only with a happy tummy but also with a grateful heart. There are just so many things to be thankful for. First, we were drawn to The Peak which has a beautiful ambiance (i will try the other restaurants soon). Second, trying something new is not bad after all. Zabadani made me appreciate more the food of other culture. I realized that going out of your comfort zone can be healthy too. Lastly, the place became more enticing and the food tasted more succulent because it was shared with people whom you value the most. These people you call your friends. That night was not just a celebration of good food, appreciation of culture but most of all valuing God's greatest blessing to humankind... FRIENDSHIP!

(L-R) Mark, Anper, IJ, Michelle, Karen

(L-R) Mark, Anper, IJ, Nonoy, Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment