23 May, 2013

Wonderland: Subic


Discovering a wonderland is a dream come true for a wanderlust. Luckily, I have had the opportunity (though quite scarce due to my work) to be in places I have fell in love with. I only have a couple of places on my list but I hope to discover more of my personal wonderland in the future. 

The first on the list would be Boracay. I was just swept away by the pristine water and milky sand during my first visit in September 2011  (click to read my previous post) with my honey buddy, Faye Anne Marie. After that quick visit, I vowed to myself to return and I did on May 2012 with my husband, friend and bro-in-law for a pre- celebration of my 30th and our 10th wedding anniversary. Guess what? We will have another Boracay experience this October 2013 and this time with the whole gang. I would want my two girls and my mom to witness Boracay's beauty first hand. Although it is too early, I cannot keep ourselves from being super excited. Honestly, the desire to travel is one of my many motivations to work best and save harder. 

Boracay's laid-back experience is a sure treat for me. 
cave experience in May 2012
The second on my list is Subic. Ever since I set foot on the former U.S. Air Base, I have called it a happy place. It is not just because of the laid back experience, night out (which we hardly do in Davao) or the shopping spree at the outlet store but most of all this has been a bonding haven with my very beautiful (inside and out) friends. 

04. 2011

chicas with Mark at the Subic Yatch Club
chillin' at the club's resto
04.2013

Teachers know how to have fun... clean fun and enjoyment at the Pier One. It was indeed an epic night! (photos are from Mars Severino)

goofing around
class picture before going home
Laid back night out at the Lighthouse. It was a night of sweet music.

my chicas
Mars sharing his singing prowess

model wannabe pose




Child-like fun at Ocean Adventure was so fun despite the heat of the summer sun.

Ryan and friends
happy dolphins
We had a very good shouting exercise at the Treetop Adventure. My friends were able to try the Superman ride and Free fall.

the not so scardy crew
want to fall from that tree? i don't. LOL.
The tiger at Zoobic was friendly but still scary.

beautiful
more scary ba? LOL
We will be forever grateful for the hospitality and generosity of the Lacorte family who has been hosting us in Subic.

Lacorte brood
me and the beautiful Samantha
I have been in this happy place twice and I was happier when my whole family was able to have their own Subic experience. Our first stop was at the Zoobic then we headed to the Nike Outlet Store and had our lunch at the Harbor Point before going back to Tarlac.

Zoobic is not just for kids but also for the kids at heart.



fambam tiger pose
Lena was ecstatic after meeting the tigers
Lena's pony ride with Daddy Lo
AA's turn
And Oh, they could not forget about the shoe shopping!

panic mode
seeing double???
happy family, happy shopping
What makes a wonderland? Personally, it is creating meaningful and shared experiences with persons closest to our hearts in remarkable places (where ever it may be). Distance nor money cannot determine our wonderland. We do not need to go far or in posh places to make good memories which will be left in the deepest recesses of our hearts. Let us be in our wonderland! 



No comments:

Post a Comment