19 May, 2012

celebrating Life, Love and Friendship (1)

For a native of Davao City, the island of Visayas was just a lesson which I have to learn, memorize and answer in our assessments. Growing up, I only know of one family whom I am related to and they are from Cebu. Trips planned were usually headed to Luzon where my Mom came from. My grandparents are originally from Tarlac. All these until I married a Negrense from Negros Occidental. Our marriage gave me an opportunity to see, experience, appreciate and love these beautiful places in Western Visayas. Although, I must say I have only visited a few (yet!). 

The month of May 2012 has been momentous for me. For one, I turned 30 on the 10th of May. Second, Nonoy and I celebrated our 10th year of marriage on May 8th. So, when I was able to book a flight going to Iloilo, my friends and I thought that it was the best time to celebrate Life, Love and Friendship all at the same time. We did not plan the nitty gritty of our trip but the adventure made it more spontaneous, educational and memorable as we visited Iloilo, Boracay, Bacolod and some towns in Negros Occidental.  

The highlights of our trip:

1. The City of Love (Iloilo) has always treated us as royalties in our every visit courtesy of the generosity and hospitality of our hosts, Tito Larry/ Tita Adelfa Borro and Nino/ Mae Pido.  Our very down to earth and benevolent hosts are the owners of Ted's Old Timer Lapaz Batchoy and Dulgies Desserts and Cafe. In every visit to Iloilo, having batchoy at Ted's and cake at Duglies will complete your trip. 
Ted's Diversion in Iloilo is 24 hours open to the public.
place your orders now :)
my order: extra super.
sorry i was able to eat more than half before I remembered to take a picture.
that is how delish it was.
cakes and cupcakes
Red Velvet cake from Dulgies by Mae
peanut butter cupcakes
The authenticity and yumminess of Ted's batchoy speaks of its number of years in the business. Also, the cakes of Mae are to die for and far more mouth watering compared to the commercialized cakes in the market. You have to try it for yourself to know what I mean. 

2. When I first saw you in September, I vowed to myself to return and see your wonder, beautiful Boracay. Its being a paradise did not cease despite the emergence of algea during the time of the year. Its sand remains to be powdered milk like to my feet. And at night, it remains to be a wonderful night hub for the party people. The four hour drive from Iloilo (thanks mucho to Nino for driving and bringing his ride) is all worth it.
the request.
the Pidos at D'Mall
epic bar ambiance
with Ruel
fire dance
Jona's fruit shake 
this place has beautiful clouds.
seashore
magnificent sunset
green mango shake and sun bathing at Jony's
My great amazement and appreciation of Boracay inspires me to discover Samal Island. And as for you, beautiful Boracay, I shall return with my gurls but not too soon. I am thinking of visiting Guimaras Island next time. 

3. Stations one, two and three are not the only sites Boracay can offer, thus, we went island hopping. The trip was for three hours and we were able to see, experience and be awed by the caves in Crystal Cove (and you'll not regret paying the entrance fee), go snorkeling at Crocodile Island (trivia: there is an ice cream  vendor at the middle of the sea) and enjoy swimming at the pristine Pocca beach. 
cave #1
hold the ropes 'cause its 8 feet deep
fab 4
the way to go in and out of the 2nd cave
cave #2 is challenging
we survived pose
time to dip
bye cave #2
ready to snorkel
with Ruel
fab 4
captivating Pocca beach
underpopulated and unpolluted compared to the stations
The hubs fell in love with the Pocca beach which is a trike ride away from the stations. You just have to bring sunscreen and food and can stay there all day with peace at the clean water. 

4. My trip could not have been possible and more fun without my buddies. As the only girl in the group, I felt so secure with these boys (men!). If there is one thing I have learned from these men during the trip it is to feel and live young again... not afraid to try new things. Is Ariel's Point the next challenge?  

Nino aka The Boss
Nonoy aka The Hubs
Ruel as the Golden Boy
hirit ni Boss
5. Boracay made me have my first tattoo but not the permanent. The last time I visited I was not sure of what I want but this time I made up my mind. This tat is a tribute to my girls, Jelena and Jessica. I had it made on my right arm with their nicknames. 


6. Look at who we met in Boracay! And for those who knew me well, I ain't shy with them. 

Daniel Matsunaga
JC Tiuseco
They are not artitas but worth the photo op.
all boys
my turn
Aside from the island itself, people are part of the attraction in Boracay. 

Our Iloilo and Boracay adventure ends here but continue reading celebrating Life, Love and Friendship (2) for our Negros Occidental invasion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment