17 May, 2012

healthy at 30!

I am now thirty years old and that made all the difference. I don't really feel old (physically) but being thirty inspires me to recognize my priorities and work on it (not just think about it). So, do I sound old?!  Nah, I believe I just want to be more mature and responsible of what has been entrusted with me. My God has entrusted my life, my family, my friends, my challenging present and a promising future. These are on top of my priorities and as I begin the next chapter of my life I will devote myself in nurturing these with my utmost love. 

As a mother and a career woman, I really value health because it is my wealth. I have to be healthy to serve my family and to fulfill my vocation as a formator. So, I have to eat healthier and not only that I have to exercise regularly. It is my goal that I will lose weight naturally. And the good new is, I have stated it already. I now watch what I eat and have started to exercise. My regimen includes walking/jogging and boxing. In a few, I would like to try zumba too and include sports like volleyball, basketball and swimming. I am so fortunate to have my buddies Tin Lopez Ronquillo (cousin) and Coach Nonoy Pido (a.k.a the hubs) as my companions. 

tin and her red finger nails
tin is all wrapped
my yellow wrap
tin with our trainer, Allan
And I must admit, getting my butt out to do all these ain't easy. It is not easy saying no to very tempting fatty food and it is doubly difficult to overcome procrastination. But, I think I am doing a good job as of the moment. I am just praying that I will be able to sustain this enthusiasm.

P.S. We box at the boxing stable at the back of Almendras gym and our trainer (Allan) is an amateur boxer and a gym instructor. Also, we are using Bulls white boxing gloves and Bulls black and yellow hand wrap. 

And Ooopsss... after our first sesh, Nicole and I ate this:

my comfort food 
can you blame me??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment