16 May, 2012

one happy Momma

I have been a mother at a young age. To be exact, I had Jessica when I was twenty. And God knows the difficulty and challenges I have to go through and God also knows the fulfillment, satisfaction and love it gave me in return. I am very fortunate that from day one until today, my mother has been with me through good times and bad.
mamo and the girls at a Hello Kitty party
My experience of motherhood has made me recognize and appreciate the roles of mothers in my life. In this mother's day celebration, I honor their contribution in nurturing a better mother in me. Aside from our Mamo, first, I would like to honor my Aunties who have been a mother to me (Ti Nings, Mommy Edna, Mamang, Mommmy Loida and Mommy Marlyn) for being my models of strength and commitment toward family life. Second, I would like to thank my mother-in-law (Mommy Vilma) and sisters-in-law (Rita, Rinna, Monica, Mae and Gigi) for making me have a second home in the family. Third, I really appreciate my friends (Darlene and Faye) who are mothers too for sharing with me their own experiences and lessons.

(L-R) Mommy Loida, April, Lena, Tin, Jeka and tinings
(L-R) Rita, Nino, Mommy Vilma, Nonoy, Monica and Rinna
party with Faye and Darlene
This year, we celebrated Mother's day in the mall (not a surprise at all for a mall rat!). We had lunch at Moon Cafe in Abreeza which serves Mexican dishes. The cafe was packed so we had to wait (not a long wait though) to have our seats. And this is what we feasted on.

giant onion rings for appetizer
beef taco
carbonara
spaghetti mexicano (unsure of the name)
moon steak
I will surely go back to eat because aside from their delish cuisine the prices are affordable too.

Our celebration had an extension because the Anternorcruz (Elou, Faye, Ram and Patty) brood were in the mall too. The random family date was a treat for the kids. They played at the Time Zone and they gave Lena a caterpillar toy as a gift (so sweet!). Patty and Jeka who are wrestling manias enjoyed their window shopping. Their top picks are pumps at Charles and Keith and party dresses at People are People. Their dads are scratching their heads because they don't want their girls to grow as fast yet. 

cam shy Lena, Jeka and Patty
with kuya Ram and tita Faye
complete after 7 years
Antenorcruz and Pido family
A simple celebration turned out to be memorable.  

Before I forget...

A day before, I waited for more than an hour for my girls to see Kiray Celis and Rap Salazar of LUV U, a Sunday teenage show which makes Lena and Jeka kilig to the bones. I would like to thank the person who gave the tickets so my girls will be able to sit at the first row of the VIP area. 

with Dad
Rap Salazar
And the day after mother's day is Ate Patty's 10th birthday.

birthday girl
blow the birthday cake
happy family
bff
May is indeed a month of celebration and thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment